Comune di Corigliano Rossano - ITALY
The Municipality of Corigliano-Rossano, hereafter CoRo, is a local public body, located in Calabria, South Italy. It is the biggest city in Calabria in terms of area and the 3rd as inhabitants. The city of CoRo was established on 31 March 2018 by the merger of two Municipalities: the Municipality of Corigliano Calabro and the Municipality of Rossano. CoRo has two historical Centres: Rossano e Corigliano, two modern parts of the City, 35 km of coastline, and a wonderful and fascinating forest. The cultural origins of the city are Byzantine-Norman, in fact, there are many historical and architectural assets of those eras within the territory. The most important is the Codex Purpureus Rossanensis, one of the oldest illuminated evangeliary in the world, inscribed in the “Memory of the World” list of UNESCO in 2015.
The aim of CoRo is to provide better living conditions to citizens, by respecting the environment and social minorities. This aim is to be accomplished through our Sustainable Urban
Development Strategy which includes the following key aspects:
- Establishing sustainable buildings, digital communication, support of electric cars, educational programs, and campaigns to sensitize energy saving.
- Incorporating issues such as complaints and poverty.
- Including projects concerning the social, economic, and professional integration of the communal minority.
- Building of an assisted village, multi-professional management, professional paths, and job placement for young people, and disabled shall support the integration of immigrants and
- Striving for the increase of the productivity of the industrial sector and the further improvement of the tourism, trading market, and agricultural district.
- Improvement and enhancement of the relationship between the historical and modern part of the city, as well as the coast.
- Enhance the cultural heritage of the municipal area
- Respecting and protecting the ecological value of the sea and forest and promoting sustainable development
- Support education and self-entrepreneurship
CoRo is involved and also manages many activities in different fields, such as cultural, touristic, lifelong learning, youth training, social and economic integration, sustainability, respecting and protecting the ecological value of the sea and forest, environmental education.
In Corigliano – Rossano there are 25 primary schools (6-10 y.o.) and 16 secondary schools of 1st level (11-13 y.o) and The Culture and Education Department of the Municipality is
the main policy office in charge of :
-Planning, Management, and quality of educational services;
-Providing services to primary and lower secondary education;
-Providing teaching assistance services to disabled pupils/students;
-Attribution of individual school benefits;
-Management of the school textbook service;
-Planning, organization, and management of educational events and initiatives;
-Granting of contributions to third parties for the promotion of cultural events;
-Management of library services (loans, consultation, other services)
-Management of cultural heritage;
-Implementation of Youth policies.
Tina Alessandra De Rosis - director of the education, culture, and welfare sector. She holds a master’s degree in literature and a master in European Project design, she has twenty years of experience in the direction, coordination, and management of various sectors of the Public Administration.